Friday, January 23, 2009

Changes!

Hello All!

I've been on hiatus, as of late.  As school arrived, I was bombarded with truckloads of work and was unable to update this website for a very long time.  Eventually, the work also led to the end of my following of The New Yorker.  I reluctantly decided to stop reading the magazine, but I ultimately had no time to read this extremely dense magazine on top of the reading that was required for my Literature in Translation and Psychology classes.

I do wish, however, to revive this site and to continue my commentary on covers.  Therefore, I have decided to change the format of my posts so as to cover different magazines' covers.  There are lighter monthlies that I have begun reading, and I hope to comment on their covers, despite them being less provocative than those of The New Yorker.  My commentary may or may not be related to some of the covers themselves, but, as always, may comment on the person depicted or an idea that was spurred by the image on the cover.  In addition, however, I may, at times, also comment on the typesetting and arrangement of the cover.  As you may or may not know, I am a Graphic Design minor at my school and will be taking up my first course in Graphic Design this semester, so I will use this blog to engage my knowledge of Graphic Design, since I may end up one day working in publishing.

Someday in the future, I will return to my reading of The New Yorker.  My hope is that you will be here still following this blog and that my efforts to help keep it alive will help it to survive so that you may see the return of the cover of The New Yorker to The Cover Judger!

~Kev, The Cover Judger

No comments: